We are currently looking to recruit a Company Secretary to provide support to our Corporate Legal Services Department.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Corporate Legal Services team using and maintaining specialist software and databases. The role will be varied and will not require you to specialise in one particular area but get exposure to all facets of this area. You will get an overall exposure to a wide variety of company secretarial work. There is a great social aspect to the firm as well and a focus on employee development.
The main areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing various Companies Registration Office forms;
- Preparing board minutes, AGM packs and EGM packs;
- Organising and attending board meetings taking minutes thereat and distributing same;
- Drafting documents and resolutions following firm precedents;
- Inputting statutory information and updating of company secretarial database;
- Maintaining company e-statutory registers and minute books;
- Incorporating companies and preparation of corresponding paperwork;
- Providing support to Corporate Legal Services team on company secretarial related matters.
- Training junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will:
- Previous experience in a Company Secretarial Role – Minimum 1 year
- Be qualified or be in the process of obtaining a qualification with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, in which case ICSA course sponsorship, study and exam leave will be included.
- Be highly computer literate with experience of the main MS applications.
- Ideally have experience of Company Secretarial software e.g. Blueprint or Datacare.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Work well in a team environment and have an ability to operate on own initiative;
- Have the ability to take a pro-active role in ensuring that daily, weekly, monthly tasks are achieved on time and within or exceeding targets.
- Have the ability to prioritise, plan and complete multiple activities on time.