Head of Payroll
This is a new position within our firm and requires a positive, self-motivated individual with superior organisational and technical skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with a passion for payroll. The role would be fully responsible for the entire payroll function within our payroll bureau. Responsible for a team of 3, the role is part of the senior management team and involved in strategic planning for the success of the busines.
- Overall responsibility for the payroll department by overseeing accurate and timely end to end processing of all client payrolls.
- Help drive the firm's accounting technology strategy to best serve our clients.
- Guiding & Supporting the Payroll Manager and team, resolving all technical queries that arise and undertake 1-1s and appraisals.
- Further develop the payroll department by growing contacts and introducing new clients
- Further develop the payroll department strucutre, implementing best practice governance and controls.
- Become proficient in various Accounting software programs (Thesaurus, Sage Micropay, Brightpay, Xero & SAP.) to make qualified recommendations of packages, accounting tools and connected app functionality to clients to support their accounting needs.
- Guide clients in change management processes, from current practices to the adoption of best practice, using technology, for greater efficiencies and growth.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4+ years payroll experience in a busy bureau environment
- IPASS, Accounting Technician, experienced Bookkeeper or Part-Qualified/Qualified Accountant.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages such as Thesaurus, Sage Micropay, Brightpay, Xero & SAP or similar with a high aptitude and interest for using new software.
- Experience implementing new payroll systems, weekly and monthly.
- Experience of large volume and/or multiple payrolls
- Experience leading and managing staff an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant PRSI / Tax legislation
- Continually keeping up to date with Legislation, Government and Budget changes effecting Payroll.
- Knowledge of ISA & ISA Accreditation
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with maximum discretion.
- Excellent organisation, time-management and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully to tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience dealing with client queries and providing an excellent service.
- Client-orientated with initiative, enthusiasm and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent IT skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Fluent written & spoken English.
Highly Competitive salary - negotiable dependent on experience